any ideas

Old 04-09-02, 12:11 PM
cato2000
Visiting Guest
Lightbulb any ideas

Hello, need advice or information. Painted a kitchen one strip though seems to be a bit darker......same paint all the way around and its only in this one area. Does anyone have any idea what would cause this darkening .........not alot of it just slightly. Any info or advice would be appreciated.

Thankyou, Cato

Old 04-10-02, 01:52 AM
KeithP
Visiting Guest
Could be something you painted over (old darker paint in that one spot, a previous patch/repair), the lighting on that particular area...(ie...a shadowed wall out of the main lighting will appear darker than the other walls) but is it a spotty, blotchy area or a definitive shape?...did you apply two coats or just one? What color did you use. I'll wait for your reply.

Old 04-10-02, 06:11 AM
cato2000
Visiting Guest
Cool Reply

Thank you for the ideas, we think the paint dried funny..........I cant think of anything else it couldve been. We did go over the wall twice to begin with.........we did wait for it to dry in between too.......... I dont know .....but went over it again and it looked fine.
Another question..............do you have prime the wall if you are painting white over white?

Old 04-10-02, 01:20 PM
KeithP
Visiting Guest
So your dark area has been solved with another coat of paint then? That would have been my second reply to you. Good.

No primer needed white over white...although that can be tricky to do...it's hard to see where you are and where you're going.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: