Making a room lighter

Old 04-12-02, 12:53 AM
gherkin
Visiting Guest
Question Making a room lighter

I have a question, I have recently moved form home into my own flat., therefore it is my first time decorating. I have painted my bedroom with blue paint, however on completion the room is a bit to dark for my liking. I would like it a bit lighter without having to repaint the entire room with a new colour. Is there anyway to do this??

It may sound like a dumb question but as mentioned above this is my first time decorating!!!

Old 04-12-02, 03:23 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
gherkin,
Without doing any more painting you could increase the wattage of your main light bulbs. Or add another lamp to the room if one wall outlet is controlled by the entrance wall switch.
Maybe you'll get some other solutions here.
fred

Old 04-12-02, 08:39 PM
hrrosa
Visiting Guest
Smile

Try a sponging or ragging technique. Just buy more of the color you used and mix with some white. Then take a plastic shopping bag crinkled up, dip it in the paint, and smoosh it onto the wall. It ends up looking really cool. I have used purple and dark gray for this method.

Old 04-14-02, 06:48 AM
tsparky79
Visiting Guest
featherdusting

Here is an easy fast way to lighten your room.Pick a color or two you can use as many colors as you like. Pick light colors that you have in the room say from a picture or a vase of flowers.Use a fetherduster you can get at a grocery or dollor store.Use a latex paint this way if you do get it on your trim all you have to do is take a wet rag and wipe it of.And I say this because its best you do get some on your trim and wipe it of so the wall looks uniformed around the edges.Take your fetherduster dip the very ends in your paint shake the duster over you bucket to keep from haveing drips start like in a corner and just touch the duster to the wall lightly it should take five ten min. to do the wall start out with not putting to much on do a small area step back look at it and see if you need to add more.If your useing more than one color you need to not have to much of the first color.And remember to pick the lightest colors you have in the room.This is fun and simple and even looks like you have wallpapered.You will not need much paint at all maybe a pint of each color you want to use and a bucket with large mouth you can get this when you get your paint at the paint store.I hope this helps you out have fun with it

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: