textured ceiling

Old 04-22-02, 04:25 PM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question textured ceiling

i had a water leak in the ceiling that left a nasty wet stained 4ft long and 10 inch wide mess, wiped out the texture. is there anyway to match it, or retexture the whole ceiling.. is that hard to do?
never got into that at all. what is the best thing to do for repair.
i think i am in trouble with this one, i fixed the roof, the stain has been there for years it is dried up
thanks

Old 04-22-02, 09:15 PM
T
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Repairing textured ceiling

While you are determining what approach to take to make the repair, seal the stained area with a couple coats of B-I-N, a shellac based primer/sealer, prevent the stain from bleeding through new plaster. Without seeing the affected area to determine how the old texture was applied, it is difficult to make recommends. Can you determine what they used to texture the ceiling? Did they use a trowel? brush? sponge? broom? Was the ceiling stomped? You can practice on cardboard to try to replicate the texture before attempting the project.

Old 04-23-02, 04:15 AM
T
Im not sure what you mean by "wiped out the texture" Did the texture crack/blister and fall away??Or what???

Old 04-23-02, 01:33 PM
K
well its cracked and blistered, stained too about 4 ft long,
needs some sanding and filler also i think, its going to be a job.
thanks rick

Old 04-23-02, 03:18 PM
T
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Patching plaster

If you have cracked, peeling, blistered plaster, all loose plaster will have to be removed. Repairs and patches can then be done. Go to www.doityourself.com/patch and scroll down to articles on plaster and plasterboard repair for helpful tips.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: