painting walls of screen porch

Old 04-29-02, 03:42 PM
demardiy
Visiting Guest
painting walls of screen porch

I rebuilt my screen porch and put insulation in the outside walls. It is not going to be heated. I want to know if I can use textured paint on the walls. Will the textured paints hold up to the changes in temperature (I am in Wisconsin)? I have plywood on the walls instead of gypsum wall boards.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-02, 06:59 PM
KeithP
Visiting Guest
Not to be smart, but which textured paint exactly? Ask the store where you plan to buy it. It should be an EXTERIOR grade product, not one of those 'interior/exterior' paints. If it isn't, use the correct finish, and an exterior paint and texture it yourself.

Old 05-02-02, 11:35 AM
demardiy
Visiting Guest
Thanks for your reply, Keith. I did not know whehter one could use interior paint material in a three season unheated screen porch ---whether one would consider the porch an interior structure or an exterior one. That was the reason for my question. This probably sounds dumb but I am a mere amateur or novice at this kind of endeavor.

Old 05-02-02, 12:30 PM
KeithP
Visiting Guest
Exterior latex will give you the temperature resistance needed for your porch. Buy the best quality brand name you can afford. Best of luck.

Keith