Help in decorating

Old 05-18-02, 08:13 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Help in decorating

I would like to repaint my bedroom. I have brown window trim and door,stucco type walls and ceiling, black mini blinds (which I would like to keep for room darkening purposes) and silver-gray carpet. I would like suggestions on what color to do the walls. I was thinking of a calming color maybe a grey color with some time of sponging or feathering with a lighter color. Please help!!
Thanks.

Old 05-19-02, 04:20 PM
dg76
Visiting Guest
lots of options

I think that you have a few options that could be nice. You could use a couple of shades of a light cranberry color and blend them on the wall. Or if you want a cooler color in your room, you could get a nice silvery blue color.

There is a really nice technique where you can use two colors from the same family and paint them both on the wall at the same time using two rollers, making sure to somewhat blend them together. After that dries, you can sponge on a lighter silvery or almost white color over the top. It works best to water down the light color of paint (1 part paint to 3 parts water).

Old 06-02-02, 11:48 AM
BroCardie
Visiting Guest
You said that you had black blinds for darkening purposes. They now sell (ex: Bed, Bath & Beyond) a darkening lining. I have used this before for a client that worked night shift and needed the room dark during the day for them to sleep. She really liked it and said it worked well. That way you could still keep a lighter look with your window treatments/drapes. Check it out!

Old 06-02-02, 12:41 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
help in decorating

Thanks BroCardie I will do that!!!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: