Family room color too dark?

Old 05-22-02, 07:44 AM
micmac318
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Family room color too dark?

I have had my family/great room painted a shade of grey (Pipe Smoke by American Tradition(Valspar). It is a fairly large room with a high vaulted ceiling and a beam down the middle with a ceiling fan. The one wall has a fireplace(red brick with gray mortar)that covers half the wall and goes up to the ceiling. On the other half of the wall is a window. Adjacent to that is a wall with a doorwall. I love this color but am afraid it may be to dark. I have a light berber carpet with shades of grey and both windows have a light grey fabric vertical blinds. Could I apply some faux painting technique with a lighter color that would brighten up the room a bit? I don't want sponging since the room is so large. Thanks for any advice.

Old 05-22-02, 11:31 AM
dg76
Visiting Guest
glazing

They a few different kinds of glazes that you could check out at the hardware store. Or you could buy a lighter color of grey paint and thin it down with water and simply roll it on the wall...that would make a thin, somewhat transparent coat that would lighten the color of your existing paint.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: