Water based gloss

Old 06-12-02, 03:39 AM
jenken
Visiting Guest
Question Water based gloss

Can anyone help?
I have just done 3 coats of a water based gloss on my hardwood floorboards. I was told by a shop assistant that they would shine just like normal high gloss but alas I know have floors with an oil finish look.
Is there a water based high gloss I can now put over the top to get some sort of shine.
Thanks for you help
Jenken

Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-02, 09:12 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I would never put a waterbased gloss on a floor simply because it is not hard wearing enough..Why not stick to traditional gloss??

Old 06-12-02, 03:55 PM
jenken
Visiting Guest
Hi Thanks for you reply
We bought this because the sales assistant at the "Timber Yard"
said it was the new beaut thing, best on the market, better than original gloss. Rah Rah Rah. So we did but it has no shine what so ever. What I really need to know is, is there something I can put on top to make it shining.
They say we can Polish it but then we would have to polish it all the time.
This was suppose to be the highlight of the house and we are so very disappointed.
Kind regards
Jenken

Old 06-13-02, 01:27 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Somebody somewhere has made a mistake!!! Whether it was the man that made the paint or the man that sold you it....Gloss is shiney....not flat. Take the tin back to the store and have em explain why your gloss is in fact...matt!!
You can make your floor shiney by using an acrylic based floor varnish...This maybe better coz it is made only for floors....