happy painting

Old 06-25-02, 06:57 AM
bmjj
Visiting Guest
happy painting

Hi Keith,

I was afraid you were going to say that, when I called Home Depot about application, they told me not to worry how applied it really doesn't matter as long as the final coat is done well. So this is how I applied it. I cut in the top/bottom/corner/etc. then using a w pattern applied the paint. Our ceilings are vaulted so I went down the wall as far as I could and then did the bottom in the same pattern. Now that it has dried of course you can see where the top met the bottom and at the 3 foot width as well. Are these lap lines going to be visible or do I need to do the whole thing again. I figured that because I'm putting 2 coats of paint over it should be alright as long as I follow the correct painting procedure. Do a 3 foot section at a time keeping the cut edge wet as I go. Doing it in one swoop top to bottom, doing a back roll at the bottom. Hopefully you will agree with me. Talk to you later.

Barb

Old 06-26-02, 05:54 PM
KeithP
Visiting Guest
Barb, did you get the reply to your private message? If not, let me know. If not, you're on the right track young lady, not to worry. Thank you.

Keith

Old 06-27-02, 06:42 AM
bmjj
Visiting Guest
painting

To Keith P,

Not sure what you meant by private message, but I have received so much conflicting advice about painting that I have decided to see if my uncle the painter will come and correct this situation that way there will be no more errors. I have been at this since Feb. and I am getting to the point where I am afraid of doing it wrong. Its a big job (2000 square feet) and I just want my house back. I am going to tackle my bedroom and if it turns our alright I will have my courage back. I want to thank you for all of your help and kind words. If I run into any other problems I will be sure to email you. Thanks so much, once the project is completed I will let you know how it all turned out.

Barb

Old 06-27-02, 06:56 AM
KeithP
Visiting Guest
You're welcome. You know where to reach me. Keep hangin' in there and best of luck.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: