Color combination options

Old 06-27-02, 06:30 PM
Noey4
Visiting Guest
Question Color combination options

I am a college student that has lived my life with a pepto pink room. I recently decided to strip everything off my walls and repaint my room over summer break. The only problem I am having is agreeing with my parents on the color combinations. I favor cool hues, and we have decided on a wall color, which is a perriwinkle/lavender combination from American Traditions called Mandalay Bay. I want to paint the trim with a soft matte silver (not gray), and accent the rook with silver lamps and other fixtures, but my parents don't agree because they want all the woodwork the same color. I wanted to keep the ceiling, closet doors and main door white, with the soft silver accent. Is there any tips anyone has on comprimising, or if it is ok to have the trim and doors different colors?

Old 06-27-02, 06:43 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
As a parent of a college student home on summer break, I'd suggest to your parents that they let you pick any colors you want! They should be happy you're home and interested in fixing up your room. The beauty of paint, is that it can always be re-painted. Go with the lavendar walls, and multicolor trim paint. As I said..... when you move out on your own someday, you can offer to repaint to their taste.

Have an great summer!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: