Painting each wall a different color???

Old 07-11-02, 04:20 AM
mlsread
Visiting Guest
Question Painting each wall a different color???

My 14 year old daughter wishes to paint each wall in her small bedroom a different color. Even if we use cool pastel colors,won't this make the room appear even smaller?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-02, 12:57 PM
Mark Nolte
Visiting Guest
The kid's ambitious. When I was that age, my folks let me choose the paint color for my room. I was into the "woods', so I got forest green. The room was dark and glomy from then on. I've preferred bright white, ever since....

Since I didn't want my home to look like a rental, I decided to paint two opposite living room walls "ocher", or a pumpkin color. I had some other items to match the color with, so I got exactly the right color.

But making a "neat line' is really tough. I went back and forth covering white with pumpkin, then pumkin with white. The ceiling was toughest. I did a great masking tape job, but two little spots made it quite the project.

A friend said I should have sprayed the paint, twice, to get the coverage, then I wouldn't have the "runs. Masking the whole room wasn't part of the project, but would have been quicker in the long run!

The room would be dramatic with many colors (remember super graphics?). But try one wall at a time. After masking just one wall, interest may wane.