Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

house demolition- everything goes!!

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

Posts: n/a

03-09-00, 10:39 AM   #1  
Help! I am a novice do-it-yourselfer and my house was just in a buy out. The house will be demolished but I am free to take anything I want. What's the best way to remove mouldings (crown, shoe, etc) without destroying the moulding (I don't care about the walls) If you could give me specific advice I would really appreciate it! Thanks.

Sponsored Links
's Avatar
Visiting Guest

Posts: n/a

03-12-00, 10:06 AM   #2  
There are small and very small pry bars available at lumber yards and hardware stores. They look just the like their big brothers.

I use them all the time for small work like your are asking about.

Mine are made by Stanley and Vaughn.

Some people use a putty knofe to get in behind, but they don't pry as well.

Home repair & Construction

"Where the character and work are always upright"

Search this Thread