Cedar Paneling

Old 08-04-00, 09:35 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

Some time ago, I saw a home bathroom done with cedar planks for the interior bathroom walls. I'm interested in doing the same thing for my bathroom. Are there any special considerations I need to make because it is in the bathroom? I'm also not sure if it would be cost effective to do the surround of the tub in cedar. Do the planks need to be specially treated if I do? I'm looking for something similar to a sauna. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-00, 05:01 PM
Visiting Guest
McStack:

Cedar paneling comes in tongue and groove boards 3/8" thick and random length (no longer than 8 feet, usually) They are sold in packages of 32 square feet - cost about $1.00 per square foot - or more.

Application is fairly straight forward, with liqud nails (or the like) being common.

As far as the bath surround, why not use standard framing and face it with the same paneling you're thinking about for the walls?

Any standard finish that will hold up to the humidity of the area you're contemplating should work. I'd go with either standard varnish or polyurethane.

GTU

Old 08-17-00, 01:59 PM
Visiting Guest
cedar paneling will do just fine with out treatment but might turn black from the water and steam, will do even better with some sealer.
also we carry a zero waste end matched cedar paneling, tongue and grooved all four edges.

logsiding.com
http://www.logsiding.com