Barn Wood paneling

Old 07-18-00, 09:51 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

We have some barn wood paneling in our den. I would like to treat the wood with something (polyurathane?). It is currently untreated, and it sometimes smells a bit musty. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-00, 07:05 AM
Visiting Guest
I came across your post and thought I would respond, although you may have already found a solution. We renovated our old chicken house and turned it into an apartment/studio. One of the biggest dilemmas was what to do with the old wood plank walls, which were covered with decades of dirt and grime. We scrubbed as much dirt off as we could, but the walls still smelled musty and looked dull. So we tried putting on a coat of water-based polyurethane, and not only did it seal in the smell, it gave the walls a lovely warmth and glow. The difference was amazing! Hope this info helps.

Old 08-21-00, 12:57 PM
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the reply. We will probably try some kind or polyurathane finish. The room does get a little bit mustly smelling from time to time, and I think that wood finish would take care of it. Thanks again!