half wall paneling

Old 02-06-03, 01:52 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Unhappy half wall paneling

I know this may sound stupid but I just need to know what it is called when only part of a wall is panelled and the rest has sheet rock? And if you have any good tips on how to do it I'd happily accept them.
Old 02-06-03, 03:37 AM
fewalt's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: sw VA
Posts: 3,022
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

It's called wainsoating. It's usually done with a chair rail molding, top or below can be painted a different color, wallpapered, or paneled. For example, our kitchen area is papered above the chair rail and has a painted bead board below the rail.


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: