termite prevention

Old 05-21-03, 04:25 AM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question termite prevention

I live in Missouri. How often does my home need to be treated to prevent termites?

Last time my house was treated was 3 years ago before I moved in. No signs of tunnels or anything--just curious.

PS--excuse me if I chose wrong forum!

Old 05-21-03, 07:09 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Cool

With the chemicals athat they're allowed to use today, about every 10 years. Sounds like you have 7 to go.
You can post over in the Pest Control forum, and maybe a pro (I'm not one) pest control operator can confirm this.
Good Luck!
Mike

Old 06-01-03, 01:32 PM
jonathan_71730
Visiting Guest
Talking

it's relativly cheap and u can do it urself and remember it's a longterm investment so i would say annually or atlest every other year.I believe in overkill.

Old 06-14-03, 02:28 PM
T
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Termites

Do it yourself termite treatment is not recommended unless it's around your storage shed. A termiticide barrier is injected in the soil along both sides of your foundation to block foraging termites from tunneling up foundation walls to infest the wood in your home. Professionals have the equipment, chemicals, and experience to do the job. Plus, you get a contract that states the job was done well. DIY treatments come with no guarantee. An annual inspection should allay your fears and assure you that you do no develop a problem with termites or other wood boring insects.

Old 06-15-03, 11:08 AM
jonathan_71730
Visiting Guest
termite protection

"well put" If You Have The Inpector's there regularly and he does'nt look 18 years old eh. "have a good day"

Old 03-13-04, 06:06 PM
Albert flores
Visiting Guest
I've recently heard that the inspectors do't catch some problems. How can we be absolutely sure?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: