Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Paneling and Trim
Reload this Page >

eplacing a few panels of aluminum siding

Old 05-22-03, 08:15 PM
ming
Visiting Guest

I need to replace some siding on the house as the previous owner extended the deck and it has left two sections of the wood behind the siding exposed. Does anyone have any tips on how I can do this repair?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-03, 09:53 PM
Hi Ming,

A little more detail please, aluminum siding, how old? Exactly where in conjunction to the rest of the siding do these pieces need to be added in?

Old 05-23-03, 05:17 PM
ming
Visiting Guest
The siding is about 20 years old. It is still in really good shape.

I need to replace/ fix 2 sections of aluminum siding. I hope the following picture will help as I can only attach one picture to a post.

Old 05-23-03, 05:26 PM
ming
Visiting Guest
It seems that I am unable to load a picture,

There are 2 sections on the exterior which is 24in x 4 in and is not covered by the siding as the previous owner of the house extended his deck but did not cover the hole where the post of the deck used to be. It looks as if I will need to replace all the siding on that wall but I was hoping someone would know of a way to replace just the small section.

Awesomedell, would you allow me to send you pictures to your email regarding this matter?