Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Paneling and Trim
Reload this Page >

tongue and groove boards use in wall design

tongue and groove boards use in wall design

Old 06-17-03, 06:24 PM
mmpbls
Visiting Guest
Question tongue and groove boards use in wall design

I need help installing a design wall using tongue and groove boards. I would like to use and arrow design but i'm not sure how to cut the boards to make this design. Can you Help?

Old 06-24-03, 07:19 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
mmpbls,

Be preared to buy more lumber. You can do this making mitre cuts - 45 degree or what ever you like but they must be same at both ends.

Make a small template to check first the appearance.

Good Luck!

Old 06-24-03, 09:04 PM
NutAndBoltKing
Visiting Guest
My Grandaughter used very beautiful reclaimed T+G in her dining room and hallways. The unique angled design she used required lots of cutting and her supply of wood was limited - there could be no mistakes or waste, so she cut cardboard strips the same widths as the T+G and used thumb tacks to hold the strips to her walls so that she could determine, (and mark and transfer) the angles she had to cut, and get the proper lengths, and etc. Those cardboard strips were a lifesaver. Maybe you can use them too. Good luck, sounds like a fun project.

Old 07-02-03, 03:47 PM
T
Tongue & Groove Design

You can estimate 20% for waste. The cardboard is a great idea for creating templates for your design.

Old 07-13-03, 11:40 AM
Atleast 20% waste depending on your skill level. Only major suggestion is to find out what the optimum board length is to reduce waste.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: