Buckling Problem

Old 07-22-04, 02:39 PM
fitch324
Visiting Guest
Question Buckling Problem

I am putting up a cheap grade of wall paneling (customer's choice, not mine) and I have done this many times, but for some reason this paneling is buckling away from the wall. I have to hang a sheet, let it sit over-night, then let it pull away from the wall, then nail it again. It then stays in place. I have four bedrooms to do and not a lot of time. I can't keep pulling all my work down and redoing it everyday. Any suggestions on the buckling. My opinion tells me it is the cheaper grade of paneling, but surely there is an easier way?

Old 07-22-04, 06:45 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Are you gluing it?

Old 07-27-04, 08:31 AM
fitch324
Visiting Guest
I was afraid if I cut a piece wrong, then I would not be able to pull it down, so I am nailing it with paneling nails. If I do glue it, what about the portions that do not have glue? Will that portion buckle also. I have just never glued paneling before, so I am not "up to date" on the technique.

Old 07-27-04, 08:27 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Ordinarily, you apply construction adhesive along the studs or furring strips. The nails hold it until the glue sets. There is plenty of time to position it as you wish.

Is the product sitting and becoming acclimated in the place where it is installed or is it being brought in from another location just prior to installing?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: