Paneling instead of drywall

Old 09-02-04, 09:53 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Question Paneling instead of drywall

I understand you can panel instead of drywall onto wall studs. I'm finishing out my basement and want to weigh all options (I know it might be more expensive). Is there a certain type of panel or thickness made to put straight on the studs instead of on firing strips or drywall? All information would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 09-02-04, 10:46 AM
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Taylors, SC
Posts: 9,261
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
You might check the buidling code there. Regular 1/4" paneling on studs is pretty flimsy to touch. Better to put it over sheetrock, unless you can find something heavier.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: