Replacing paneling and Ceiling grid.

Old 10-16-04, 08:59 AM
rjc116
Visiting Guest
Replacing paneling and Ceiling grid.

I want to replace the paneling in my gamerooma nd the the suspended ceiling grid is dingy looking so I thought about replacing it as well. The ceiling wall channel is nailed to the old paneling anyway. Then I had this thought. Can I just attach the new panleing to the old, running it up to the caeiling channel. I would just remove the ceiling tiles, spray paint the gridwoork to make it look new, and buy new tile. I would then trim out at the top of the paneling with a thin moulding that would cover the rought edge at the top of the paneling. Is there some inherent fault in this idea?

Old 10-16-04, 09:56 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
It seems to be a good way to avoid removing and installing the wall grid components.

Old 10-26-04, 06:03 AM
Chris S27
Visiting Guest
If you're gonna do all that work, why not consider REMOVING the dropped ceiling, and putting drywall and recessed lights? That would seem to be the most desireable aesthetically.

I plan to do the same to my basement/gameroom in the near future. The dropped ceiling doesn't cover anything really, other than a central AC vent which can just as easily be framed out in drywall. Then I'll gain about a foot and a half in height, in an already high ceiling room. It really opens things up!

Just a thought.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: