paneling repair

Old 11-14-04, 04:21 AM
pennyd
Visiting Guest
paneling repair

My mother has a room that is completely covered in wood paneling. Since a big hole was kicked in the paneled wall, is there such a thing as repairing it or will the wall have to be replaced with drywall? This is a 1920 circa home and it appears that this panelling was not installed over plastered walls. Will insulation need to be added? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-04, 07:08 PM
Group Moderator
First, adding insulation is a separate issue. If you've got the money I'd insualate all I can. I hate giving all my money away to the power company.

Repairing panelling is pretty easy if you can find another piece of the same exact siding... pretty difficult in your case because of the age. If you are thinking of adding a window or cutting in a new door you can save the old panelling from that area. You could also get some panelling from a closet. Otherwise, I'd repanell or sheet rock that one wall with something totally different. Don't try to get something similar. It will just look like you tired to match and didn't make it. Go with something totally different like you meant to do it.