Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Paneling and Trim
Reload this Page >

Help! I need advice on painting real wood panel

Help! I need advice on painting real wood panel

Old 11-30-04, 03:25 PM
joyandsteve
Visiting Guest
Exclamation Help! I need advice on painting real wood panel

Ok, here is the thing...I have seen the wood paneling that is flat and has no texture, but the stuff that I have is like what you would find on a barn wall. It is rough and not glossy like most paneling. I guess I am trying to say that it is WOOD and that it has texture and I am wanting to know if I can paint it and what I need to do to paint it? I had a remodelor tell me that I should put lacquer it, then kilz it the paint...is this correct? Please help! I am trying to get my house ready to sell...(it is very dark wood...tongue and groove. Thank you!

Old 11-30-04, 06:14 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Clean the panels with mineral spirits or spic and span with clean cloths to remove all the grease, grit, and grime. Prime with Zinsser 123, then paint with a semi-gloss latex of the color of your choice.

Hope this helps.

Old 12-01-04, 06:40 AM
joyandsteve
Visiting Guest
Thank you Chris! One more question...which way do I need to roll on the paint? They are slanted, not horizontal or vertical..thank you for your help!

Old 12-01-04, 09:10 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Roll in the direction of the grain or the length of the wood. In your case, along the angle.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: