Clear Wall Covering/Protection

Old 12-09-04, 02:48 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Clear Wall Covering/Protection

I visited my doctor's office and found the lower parts of the wall (about 4') covered with a clear polycarbonate like sheet that was screwed to the wall. It was applied over the wall covering just like clear corner protectors, but seemed to be much thicker. It looked like 4x8' sheets of something - it was not a thin strip type of wall protector.

I would like to use the same technique to cover the walls in my mud-room rear entry way but I don't know what material was used. Has anyone ever done this and does anyone know what the material was likely to have been?


Old 12-09-04, 07:12 PM
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Taylors, SC
Posts: 9,261
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
It is probably plexiglas or polycarbonate. Plexiglas scratches more easily than polycarbonate. I have seen it used in places where there is a frequent need to wash the walls, but a readily washable paint was not used.

Hope this helps.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: