Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Paneling and Trim
Reload this Page >

Installing Vertical Vinyl Siding inside Garage

Installing Vertical Vinyl Siding inside Garage

Old 12-18-04, 07:11 PM
caperone
Visiting Guest
Question Installing Vertical Vinyl Siding inside Garage

The interior of my attached garage (unheated - two car) is finished with dry wall and needs repainting.
Would installation of vertical vinyl siding on some walls in this area be an acceptable alternative or create problems?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-04, 07:53 PM
Sawdustguy
Visiting Guest
If you're looking to warm up the garage, I would do it right and replace the drywall and put insulation behind it.

I think the siding will be more of an estectic thing, rather than do any good, since it's an "Interior" even if it is inside of the garage.

Old 12-18-04, 08:08 PM
I don't see any type of problem it would cause. May be a conversation piece. It may cause a future problem if you ever decide to hang things on the wall or install shelves. Good luck with your project.

Old 12-18-04, 08:31 PM
caperone
Visiting Guest
reply1

Thanks Mike:
The garage area is insulated and has an insulated overhead door.My problem is primarily estetic.
For example, I painted a couple of years ago after making the mistake of stacking wet firewood on one wall. The fungi?/mold? - whatever - really liked the paint. (I'm now getting too old to paint ;>))
A quick check on the net didn't locate interior uses for the product and I wondered why?
I also wonder both whether I could/would create a possible moisture buildup situation between the siding and wall and whether there are other materials out there that might be suitable, being durable and maintance free?

Old 12-18-04, 08:57 PM
Think about vinyl wallpaper?