Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Installing 1/4 Round at non 90 degree corner

Visiting Guest

02-09-05, 06:44 PM   #1  
mbarkhou
Installing 1/4 Round at non 90 degree corner

I have an oddly shaped room that I'm installing 1/4 round in. Some of the walls do not join at a 90 degree angle. I guess the best way to describe it is to think of the letter V. I will need to cut the 1/4 round at something other than 45 degrees.

What is the best way to measure the angle and properly cut the 1/4 round?

I tried leaving one piece uncut and figured out the angle for the other piece by using paper cut outs. After cutting the angle on the second piece and joining them, there was no space between them. However, the piece that I cut stuck out from the wall at the joint further than the uncut piece. This is because the edges where they joined are not the same length as they would have been if both piece were cut at 45 degrees.

Sponsored Links
Group Moderator

NE

02-09-05, 07:29 PM   #2  
Use a sliding t-bevel square to find the angle of the corner. Then put the t-bevel on your miter saw and turn the miter until it lines up. Half of that angle should give you the bisected angle.

Visiting Guest

02-09-05, 07:58 PM   #3  
Sawdustguy
That is true Xsleeper, but in cases where the angle is greater than a 45, you would need to take 90- that number, divided by 2. For example:

If the angle is 48 degrees, you would do the following:

90-48= "x" Then x/2= angle to set saw at for miter.

Search this Thread