Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Crown and vaulted ceilings

Visiting Guest

03-14-05, 04:44 PM   #1  
dburnham
Crown and vaulted ceilings

I'm having trouble getting the crown to match in the corners (inside and outside) where the vaulted ceiling meets the wall. The ceiling is vaulted about 10 degrees. This is the first time I have had to do a vaulted ceiling and I'm just plain lost. How do you lay out the miter in order to get the corners to match? Getting a simple 45 to meet is not a problem but the extra angle has me scratching my head. Any help is greatly appreciated as I need to get this done ASAP in order for my wife and I to finish our adoption process for our 2 wonderful foster children.Thanks in advance, dburnham

Sponsored Links

SC

03-14-05, 05:55 PM   #2  
This is the clearest description and array of photographs I have found to explain this obscure technique.

http://************/6fn69

Hope this helps.

Visiting Guest

03-14-05, 08:19 PM   #3  
Sawdustguy
Note on the examples on that website, the top part of the crown isn't sitting flat with the ceiling.

I must say that's quite a task to take on when having such a short time period to finish it.

CANADA

03-15-05, 04:45 AM   #4  
hi
you need to add an extra piece of trim that meet the inside corner to the slope part. you make a strait cut to the long part going up the slope and you fill in the small piece to fit in between the inner corner piece to the strait cut

hope this helps

pg

Search this Thread