Painting wood Paneling

Old 04-13-05, 03:30 AM
PinkyPie
Visiting Guest
Painting wood Paneling

Hello Everyone,

I am new here, and also new to DIY projects. I am doing simple projects at home to give my place a fresher look so that I can sell soon. The market isn't so great here, so I want to make my place stand out a bit with a bit of redecoration.

Having said that, I don't want to spend TOO much money to get it to look nice! In my hallway I have a medium dark mint green paint on the walls and horrible wood paneling a la 70's My carpet is gray ... and I can't really afford to replace it. My bannister is white. I am considering painting the wood paneling but what colour would go well with the walls AND the carpet? I know gray is a neutral, but the walls certainly are far from it. The hallway was just painted this colour around 2 years ago, so painting it again is not an option (I had to hire in, because I have VERY high walls going up the staircase into my apartment).

Any colour suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated. I would be happy to take some photos to give a better idea of what I have now, if that would be helpful.

Thanks in Advance!

Pinky

Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-05, 05:29 AM
Hi
Just paint the place a neutral color like lite beige or off white.
When it come for selling, neutral color is the best.

cheers

pg

Old 04-13-05, 05:37 AM
PinkyPie
Visiting Guest
Thanks PG.

I actually am only considering painting the wood paneling. i really can't paint the walls as I'd have to hire in again and I unfortunately don't have the money to spend for that. That's why I'm wondering what colour to paint the wood paneling that won't clash with the gray carpet and minty green walls.

cheers
Pinky

Old 04-13-05, 08:14 AM
hi
used a darker green in the same shade family as the mint green on the panelling

cheers

Old 04-13-05, 08:32 AM
PinkyPie
Visiting Guest
Thank You!

Was actually at the hardware store today thinking along the same lines! Appreciate your response!

Old 04-14-05, 06:29 AM
no problem.
Glad to help
good luck

pg