Baseboard and uneven floors

Old 04-27-05, 01:05 PM
asupcsi
Visiting Guest
Baseboard and uneven floors

Ok,

I'm replacing some baseboard that uses no shoe mold. At the end of one long length of wall, the wood floor rises almost a 3/16" just at the end of the wall. I need to join the mold at the end of this wall as it turns a corner with an outside miter. As you can guess, with the bump in the floor the corner miter is about 3/16" high on the one side. Any ideas how to compensate without a shoe mold?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-05, 04:04 PM
Group Moderator
Without a baseshoe, about the only thing you can do is scribe the baseboard, and cut off the scribed portion (the area where the floor is high). The problem this creates is- where do you quit scribing it? Figuring out where you will start and stop scribing is important.

Old 08-07-05, 11:17 AM
DuctTapeMan
Visiting Guest
Me too

I am running into the same problem. I have a few corners where the wood floor meets the carpet. The wood floor sits about 3/16 to 1/4 inch above the carpet. Does anybody have a little trick to use at the joint.

I was thinking about cutting the top of the higher piece down at an angle so that there is somewhat of a slope.

One of the joints I will be looking at every day, so any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 08-07-05, 07:29 PM
carpet and baseboard

With wall to wall carpeting the baseboard commonly sits above the floor so the carpeting can tuck under the baseboard. The pile of the carpet covers the gap. Perhaps something like that would work.