help with beadboard

Old 06-18-05, 02:16 PM
Yellowlab310
Visiting Guest
help with beadboard

at least that is what I think it is called. It's paneling that only goes up 4 feet with a chair molding capping it off with drywall above it for the remainder of the wall up to the ceiling. Anyways, i put it up in the bathroom and put a chair molding up. I nailed the bead board up to the wall and put the chair molding on the top of it, but i had to pull all the chair molding down for various reasons. Cut all new chair molding and got it up, but the molding was not as wide as the original molding that i put up and you can now see nail holes about a 1/4" below the molding in the paneling. I have tried everything to cover up the holes. The paneling has a gloss white finish, and I cannot match it to look as though there were no holes. You cant paint it because the original finish is so smooth that it could never be matched. Is there any hope. The bathroom is very irregular shaped with walls that are not straight, so every cut had to be very painfuly done by hand and I do not want to pull it all down and start over. Any suggestions from someone who has worked with this stuff. Also, i tried putting a small wood strip underneath the molding that would cover up the nail holes, but there are some areas that it wont fit, and now there are other holes in the paneling that need to be fixed in other areas as well due to normal wear and tear. Sorry for the length, and thanks for the help

Old 06-18-05, 03:25 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
You might try the wax wood filler sticks. I'm not sure but I think they come in color white.

Old 06-22-05, 05:25 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
You can filll holes, prime & seal with a primer/sealer like Zinnser and paint. Don't worry about matching original finish. If you like the look of high-gloss white, you can purchase a high-gloss paint.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: