Help with corner bead

Old 08-25-05, 01:24 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Arrow Help with corner bead

I am finishing out a living room and need to put corner bead up. I purchased some at Lowes and thought I knew how to do it but after getting home realized I didn't.....called Lowes and they said they weren't sure either and would have to call Georgia Pacific So, I am coming to the pros....

The corner bead I bought is smooth metal and has paper attached on the outside. I am using it on both inside and outside corners. I am attaching it to primed paneling on one corner and sheetrock on the other. Am I supposed to nail, screw, or glue the metal part to the wall and then smooth out the paper with a spackling formula. I am so green to all this but am enjoying the learning processes....it would help if I could get some answers from the supplier.

Thanks for any information you can provide.

Old 08-25-05, 02:32 PM
R
Just found out that the corner bead does not fit both inside and outside corners so I went back up there and found someone that was familiar with it. (but had not installed it)

Is this not usually used in corners? Anyway...I am now off and running until I get stumped again.

Old 08-25-05, 05:15 PM
C
Corner bead usually goes on the outside corners to protect the sheetrock from damage. Inside corners are simply taped.

Old 08-25-05, 05:28 PM
R
thanks Chris...that is more information than I could get from the employees where I bought it at. I have done 3 corners and have 4 more to go. Made quite a mess and will have quite a bit of sanding to do before I apply the second coat. By the time I get to the third and last layer I should be pretty good with the trowel. Oh well...this is getting me prepared for the venetian plaster I will be putting up after I am completed prepping the wall......

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: