molding advice needed please

Old 08-29-05, 12:17 PM
molding advice needed please

I just painted my kitchen and family room, which are connected. I painted the kitchen a couple shades lighter than the family room because it's small and I had to match the countertop. So now there is a line going straight down my wall where the 2 colors meet. The line is at the entrance to the kitchen. I think it would look nice to have some type of molding covering that line and also going up and across the kitchen/family room ceiling (the kitchen ceiling is about a foot lower than the family room so it's an outside wall), then down the other side of the entrance (which is also an outside wall).

Any ideas on what I could use? Are there types of molding that would look nice on the outside ceiling and right side walls, but at the same time look ok being flat against the wall on the left side? I'm going to go shopping and look at what is out there, but thought maybe the experts would have some advice for me?? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-05, 05:39 AM
parmandco
Visiting Guest
Idealy if adjoining rooms are in an open floor plan which has no partions, you would want to paint both rooms the same color. Therefore the rooms flow together. If you want to paint them different colors...you can build a 18"-24" wide wall floor to ceiling to define the two spaces as separate rooms. I don't think it would look right if you installed a piece of molding on the wall to cover the paint line.

Old 10-17-05, 06:17 PM
passionberry73
Visiting Guest
how do i cut angles for molding?

I need to cut molding for around a door and window, and I have what I think is called a compound miter saw? Anyway, it can be put at different angles...what angles do I need to have it on to make the corners fit together? And lets say Im going to cut the piece that goes up the length of the door first, and then over the top...??? Do I need to reverse this for the opposite side? :mask:

Old 10-17-05, 06:22 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
passionberry73

they are usually cut at 45 degrees