Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Cove molding around open doorway

Visiting Guest

10-12-05, 09:51 PM   #1  
deb2me81
Cove molding around open doorway

I am installing cove molding around the current doorway trim of an open doorway (no door on it). The reason I'm doing this is because I've paneled the wall with beadboard, and there is a slight gap between the beadboard and the doorway molding. I could NOT remove the previous molding as this is a very old house, and removing existing molding becomes a real issue. The cove molding, if I can get it properly cut, fits nicely into the molding that exists, making the current molding more extensive, especially after I caulk it. However, I'm having trouble figuring out my angles and how to cut. I have a miter saw (noncompound).

Help!

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

TN

10-13-05, 06:14 AM   #2  
What angles are you having trouble with?

The angle cut at the top of the door trim should be 45`

retired painter/contractor avid DIYer

Visiting Guest

10-13-05, 09:54 AM   #3  
deb2me81
Thanks

I must have been extremely tired last evening. The reason my 45's weren't working was there is a big buildup of paint on the first corner I was attempting. 80 years worth of paint "drops" on that corner, so my previous molding that I'm abutting to is way out of wack. A scrapper will take care of that, and I'm golden. Duh....

Search this Thread