Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Baseboard help,curved corners, no door casing

Visiting Guest

10-20-05, 09:49 PM   #1  
Regina
Baseboard help,curved corners, no door casing

Our walls have curved corners and no door jams or casings. We had laminate floors installed and new baseboards, with no quarter round. The problem is the ends! How do we end it so that it looks good at the door openings? Need your expertise, please! Thank you.

Sponsored Links

VA

10-20-05, 10:11 PM   #2  
Are there doors in these doorways?

Several options.

Premade bullnose to squre corner transitions.

Return the base back to the wall just before the bullnose.

Instead of 90 degree corners going around the corners, make cut 22 1/2 degree corners on the pieces with a short piece between. \_/ (not quite the right angle,but hopefully you can see what I mean).

Premade plinth blocks that the base butts into.

If you can show a picture of what you are talking about, perhaps it would help us find what looks best.

Visiting Guest

10-21-05, 07:54 AM   #3  
Regina
Baseboard Help, Curved Walls

Thanks for you suggestions. I don't have any pics of the base but I can take some tomorrow and email them when we go to the condo. Some of the doorways have doors, so there must be a door jam but no casing. I think one of the problems is the fireplace, flat surface then rounded corner, then wall going back. They had a bunch of the premade curved pieces but I think it is too thick at the ending point. What if they bevel it so that the thin end meets the curve? Obviously I am not a carpenter but I do know what looks good or silly.

Search this Thread