Baseboard Gap on Uneven Ceramic Floor

Old 10-26-05, 07:31 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Baseboard Gap on Uneven Ceramic Floor

What is the best way to fill gap at the bottom of baseboard? A ceramic floor was installed and not leveled properly leaving a gap in several places. Caulk? - What type?
Thanks in advance

Old 10-26-05, 08:05 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,910 Upvotes on 1,716 Posts
Generally, that's why baseshoe is used. It's a molding that covers any gaps between the baseboard and the flooring, whatever type of flooring that may be.

Old 10-29-05, 07:27 PM
M
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
I had the same problem, and personally I did not like the look of baseshoe or quarter rounds. So I had to dig deeper into my pocket and ended up using tiled baseboards. I went back to the tile store and order the same tile with finished edges, and then cut off 4" on each side and used them as baseboard. No gap.

If the gap is small, then you can use caulk that matches the color of your baseboard, but I also found in general it's hard to match color and texture.

MC

Old 10-30-05, 05:47 PM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

shoe molding or 3/4 x 3/4 is used when u leave the base board on and tile or what ever to the base board, you use it to fill the gap.
if u take the base off and tile to the wall, then place the base on top of tile u should caulk from base to the floor and repaint base.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: