Casing for Curved Archway

Old 11-21-05, 09:32 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Casing for Curved Archway

I'm taking out part of a wall to make a pass-through archway between a living room and dining room. I'd like to give it a curved shape, but I wonder what to do about casing and the "face" of the archway interior. Any suggestions for creative ways to trim out a curved arch? Thanks...

Old 11-22-05, 11:05 AM
XSleeper's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 27,256
Received 1,963 Upvotes on 1,760 Posts
If it's going to be a piece of casing with any sort of profile, or if it's going to be stained and varnished, you'll have to get it custom made to the correct arc.

If you just want a square piece of trim, (like a 1x3 or something) and it's going to be painted, you might be able to cut the arc out of a sheet of MDF.
Old 11-22-05, 08:05 PM
gorth97's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 190
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I need to do something similar. I want the moulding for an arch like this (specifically the kitchen entrance not the dining room entrance):.. Can I get this in stock or will I need to special order it like you said? Where is a good place to order something like this:

I saw links to flexible mouldings before but I can't find it
Old 11-23-05, 04:29 PM
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 184
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Try There are other makers if you search.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: