Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

adding kitchen cabinet island trim

12-31-05, 08:47 AM   #1  

I am adding four pieces of trim in a rectangular trim pattern on to a kitchen cabinet island on the side of the cabinet that is just a flat surface wood. I cut the pieces at a 45 degree angle but when I put them on the cabinet face the cut surfaces don't lay flat against each other. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

Sponsored Links
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

GA

12-31-05, 09:42 AM   #2  

It is possible you have the saw set at a slight bevel, or you are trying to cut the molding upside down, and it is rolling on you. Make sure it is flat on the saw base, and your miter is exactly 45 degrees, or 22.5 degrees in the event of an octagon. Treat the saw base as your wall surface. Make sure, too there isn't a piece of trash between the wood you are cutting and the fence on your saw. It must be clean so you have a clean cut.

Larry

01-07-06, 09:18 AM   #3  
works now

Thanks, I was getting a different angle because I was cutting one end on the front side of the trim and cutting the other end on the back side.

Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

GA

01-07-06, 11:52 AM   #4  
Roger that.

Search this Thread