how much

Old 01-06-06, 09:05 PM
how much

Hello all, just finished my basement and have run out of time to install base. I have about 300 feet, If i hire this out what should I expect to pay? $2/linear foot or less. Also have 1 pre hung door and 2 doors to be routed and set. How much is reasonable for this? Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-06, 06:40 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Depends greatly where you live. New Yawk charges more than Misipi. $2 a linear foot for base is not too much considering the cuts that need to be made. The doors could cost as much as $30 each to mortise and set. Let us know you location, and we can narrow it down.

Old 01-07-06, 07:14 AM
philly area

thanks for any help

Old 01-07-06, 11:21 AM
No matter where you are, if they offer $30 to set a door, take it. I can get $100 a door (labor only), all day long for an interior door. But this includes hanging, trimming, lockset and wall bumper. The price for base depends on if it is painted or stained, painted being cheaper and ceramic base being the most expensive. Good Luck.

Old 01-08-06, 07:14 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
The $30 was just for mortising the hinges and screwing them in. No mention about the trim, etc., since he already had the openings framed.