1/4 round angle

Old 02-02-06, 01:13 AM
1/4 round angle

installing 1/4 round at the top of my cabinet to hide the 1/8 inch gap between the cabinet and the ceiling. I just noticed that the corner cabinet forms to obtuse (over 90) angles. If I knew the degree of the angles I could cut them to the dimension with my mitre saw.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-06, 03:58 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
As small a degree change you probably have, you will most likely have to do a trial and error fit, a slice at a time. But, be sure you cut both pieces with the same angle, or you will have one piece longer than the other. I use a sliding bevel to find the actual overall angle, lay it over a protractor and divide the answer by two. From there it is slight adjustments until I get a perfect fit.

Old 02-04-06, 01:05 AM
should the bevel of my saw stay the same

Old 02-04-06, 02:53 AM
You shouldn't need to set the "compound" angle of the saw other than 90 off the table. Just hold the trim against the support the way it will be on the ceiling and change the "normal" miter adjustment.

You could also cope the corner for the inside angles and that will give a tight joint. (a round file helps a lot when making copes fit if you error a little with the coping saw)