Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Door Latch is hitting my Windsor Casing...Help!!!

NJ

02-02-06, 06:16 PM   #1  
Door Latch is hitting my Windsor Casing...Help!!!

Hello All,

I had a friend install about 15 new interior doors + a 3 1/2 inch windsor casing. All of the trim was installed with an 1/8 inch reveal.

Tonight I went to install my door locks (simple schlage door locks) and realized that my strike plates do not cover the edge of my windsor casing. Essentially, the latch now hits the edge of my casing before making contact with the strike plate.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can fix this? Do they sell bigger strike plates? Do I just have to live with this now?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited by gianni; 02-02-06 at 06:20 PM. Reason: wanted to update title.

Sponsored Links
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

GA

02-02-06, 06:39 PM   #2  
Yes. The orange big box and others sell extended strike plates just for interior jamb extended doors.

02-02-06, 06:43 PM   #3  
Posted By: gianni Hello All,

I had a friend install about 15 new interior doors + a 3 1/2 inch windsor casing. All of the trim was installed with an 1/8 inch reveal.

Tonight I went to install my door locks (simple schlage door locks) and realized that my strike plates do not cover the edge of my windsor casing. Essentially, the latch now hits the edge of my casing before making contact with the strike plate.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can fix this? Do they sell bigger strike plates? Do I just have to live with this now?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
Hi Gianni,

You can buy strikes with the lip part as long as 2". They are available through you local locksmith. Keep in mind they may have to order something like that, but they are available.

cuedude

Search this Thread