Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Paneling and Trim
Reload this Page >

Door Latch is hitting my Windsor Casing...Help!!!

Old 02-02-06, 06:16 PM

Hello All,

I had a friend install about 15 new interior doors + a 3 1/2 inch windsor casing. All of the trim was installed with an 1/8 inch reveal.

Tonight I went to install my door locks (simple schlage door locks) and realized that my strike plates do not cover the edge of my windsor casing. Essentially, the latch now hits the edge of my casing before making contact with the strike plate.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can fix this? Do they sell bigger strike plates? Do I just have to live with this now?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited by gianni; 02-02-06 at 06:20 PM. Reason: wanted to update title.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-06, 06:39 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Yes. The orange big box and others sell extended strike plates just for interior jamb extended doors.

Old 02-02-06, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by gianni
Hello All,

I had a friend install about 15 new interior doors + a 3 1/2 inch windsor casing. All of the trim was installed with an 1/8 inch reveal.

Tonight I went to install my door locks (simple schlage door locks) and realized that my strike plates do not cover the edge of my windsor casing. Essentially, the latch now hits the edge of my casing before making contact with the strike plate.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can fix this? Do they sell bigger strike plates? Do I just have to live with this now?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
Hi Gianni,

You can buy strikes with the lip part as long as 2". They are available through you local locksmith. Keep in mind they may have to order something like that, but they are available.

cuedude