natural wood trim

Old 05-10-06, 07:24 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
natural wood trim

I am installing all natural pine wood trim in my main living room and one of my bedrooms, I have just finished the rest of the house using painted trim and have had no problems at all. I am just wondering what i use to fill in the voids against irregular walls. on the painted trim i just used paintable latex caulking but i cant use that on the stained trim because you cant stain caulking. is there wood filler that i could use that comes in a caulking tube that works the same way or do i have to use regular woodfiller and use a puddy knive to put it in?

Old 05-10-06, 07:36 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,949 Upvotes on 1,749 Posts
Depending on the size of the gaps, I'd suggest that you stain and finish the trim first, then after it is installed, mask it off with painter's tape and caulk the gap and paint it the same color as the wall. when you remove the tape, you should have a crisp straight line on your stained trim.

No filler will stain up exactly like your woodwork, so that's why I think you'd be better off caulking it and disguising it w/ wall color.

Old 07-19-06, 06:19 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Colored caulk

Also, you could use a colored caulk. I used this approach in a few spots on a cedar porch.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: