Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Help with finishing interior of utility trailer

07-04-06, 06:02 AM   #1  
Help with finishing interior of utility trailer

I just purchased a Featherlite enclosed gooseneck trailer. I am planning on insulating and finishing off ½ of the interior for living quarters. I was wondering what is the best method of insulating and fastening wood or plastic paneling to the walls and ceiling of a flexing moving aluminum trailer. For the wife’s sake this has to be a first class job, so what I am most concerned with is the exposed fasteners. What is the best way to fasten the paneling to the walls and ceiling and still get that “upscale first class look”? Are there any web sites out there that might document this type project?

Sponsored Links
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

GA

07-05-06, 04:27 AM   #2  
You will probably have to fur out the interior skeleton prior to installing any panelling, and to install the panelling so it will look good will be to use screws and rosettes like those used in mobile home ceilings. Place them at the same interval so they will look uniform. The furring will give you space for insulation, whether you use fiberglas or foam panels (I vote for the latter).
Not sure of any sites that address this, just thought I would pass on some experience.

Search this Thread