Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

bath tile to abutt bead board

03-27-07, 07:56 AM   #1  
bath tile to abutt bead board

Hi,

My bath surround extends just outside the bathtub wall and will abut a window casing and below it and the stool. I'll cut the tile to allow for the stool (I think). But my question is how best to abut the tile to beadboard?

THe tiles there are not bullnose. Any idea what is the best way to abut the beadboard panel to the tile? Seen any examples?
Any help is greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links

03-28-07, 04:21 PM   #2  
If there's a stud close to the edge of the tile you can attach a piece of wood to the stud and end your beadboard at the wooden piece. Figure out how far the beadboard and the molding over the beadboard will stand out from the wall. Take that measurement and add 1/8". Rip a piece of 1x4 to that size. Cut the piece to be 1/4" taller than your beadboard top rail. Set the piece on edge and nail through it to the stud. End the beadboard at the vertical piece you just installed and finish it the same as the beadboard and other molding. It'll look like you planned it.

Good Luck

Search this Thread