Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Installing Beaded tongue and groove

06-15-07, 08:40 AM   #1  
Installing Beaded tongue and groove

I had a sewer backup issue in my basement. I have fixed the issue but I remove about 2 feet of drywall. I am looking at installing 32 inched beaded tongue and groove. I am looking putting up 1/2 in. plywood (15/32) instead of drywall so I have something to nail the beadboard. Will the 15/32 be an issue since it isn't a half inch?

THANKS

Sponsored Links
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

GA

06-15-07, 03:33 PM   #2  
If you have removed the lower half of the sheetrock, you have half the battle won. Install blocking across the bottom at about 18" and at the top of the opening slipped under the sheetrock about half way. Do this all around the room between all the studs. This will give you a rock solid attachment point for your t&g. The t&g will match up with the sheetrock with only a 1/4" bump out. At this point you install chair rail molding across the top of the t&g and flat on the sheetrock, level around the room. It will make it look built in, rather than added on. Forego the paneling.

Search this Thread