Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Paneling and Trim
Reload this Page >

Installing paneling in my basement bedroom

Old 06-22-07, 07:19 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

ok..i have the ruined paneling torn out and just finished hanging 1/4" osb panels. i am getting ready to re-install the new paneling in this room. before i do, let me ask...what would be the correct way to hang this? i used 1" brads to hang the original paneling. not sure of nail spacing as i just went along where the studs are.

btw...this isn't regular wood type paneling. it appears to be almost like a cardboard type of product. which probably explains why it warped so bad that last time.

i guess it would be fine as long as you never opened the windows in the room after hanging it.

should i place the panels in the room and open the window so the material can aclimate to the environment or would that make it worse?

i would greatly appreciate if someone has some advise on this subject.

thx.

Old 06-22-07, 04:29 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Your best bet is to find the manufacturers installation instructions. Ask for them where you bought the stuff or search the web for the manufacturers website.

If you can't find the manufacturers instructions I can tell you that panel adhesive is the primary method of attachment. The brads, finish nails,or whatever hold the panels in place while the adhesive sets up. You can buy panel adhesive at home centers, hardware stores, and etc..

You acclimate wood products by storing them under the conditions that will prevail in use. If you keep the window closed normally store the panels there with the window closed. If the opposite then do that.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: