Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Removing texture from trim

06-26-07, 01:09 PM   #1  
Removing texture from trim

Hi! this is my first post, I'm a long time listener first time caller.

These boards are great!!! I've been reading them for quit a while and have received lots of valuable tips. so Thanks!

I have a question: Is it possible to remove texture from trim without removing it?

It looks like somebody went wild with with one of those hopper things on the home we just bought. They sprayed every inch of every wall, including the window and door casings. needless to say, it looks terrible! Is there a good way to get this stuff off?

I've done some searches for this but didn't find anything, sorry if it has already been addressed.

thanks!

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

TN

06-26-07, 01:25 PM   #2  
Welcome to the diy forums!

It should come off with soap and water plus a lot of elbow grease If it has been painted over it will be more difficult - sand what you can of the paint/texture off and the rest will probably wash off. If it sands down fairly smooth I'd skip washing and prime instead.

retired painter/contractor avid DIYer

06-26-07, 01:40 PM   #3  
Awesome!! thank you so much!

Forum Topic Moderator

TN

06-26-07, 01:53 PM   #4  
Forgot to add that the water can also affect the texture on the wall - so be carefull

retired painter/contractor avid DIYer

Search this Thread