barn bedroom

Old 09-19-07, 12:52 PM
barn bedroom

My horse-loving daughter wants her new room to look like a barn. Does anyone know what the best way to accomplish this would be? I'm thinking some kind of wood on the walls. Ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-07, 01:17 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Welcome to the forums

I've seen both used barn lumber and sawmill lumber used in homes before. At 1" thick it will require extra work to make everything else fit [windows, doors, electrical]

Old 09-20-07, 05:25 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
If you use real barn recycled wood, make sure it has been through an insecticide program before you install it. Little critters can live inside the wood for a time, and just when you least expect it, they will emerge, and make for a very sad day.

Old 09-20-07, 08:36 AM
What kind of wood would you suggest putting on the wall - cedar, pine, etc. I'm looking for the least expensive option with the best results. I plan to use new wood, not recycled.

Old 09-20-07, 12:46 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
It would probably be best to go to a local sawmill and see what they have. I think the only rough sawn wood you will find at a lumber yard is cedar. Sawmill should be a lot cheaper but the lumber won't be kiln dried so it will likely shrink a little.