Shopping for Router Bits

Old 09-25-07, 11:25 AM
Shopping for Router Bits

I'm planning on getting into making my own trim. I have a table router, plunger router, along with an assortment of bits. What I don't have are any molding bits. I've heard the tried and true saying "You get what you pay for." Because they're so God-awfully expensive, I'd like to find some bits as cheaply as possible without sacrificing quality. What brands would fit into this category? Anybody know any sites or places where I can get great deals? I've been to ebay and I've done searches for "clearance", "liquidation", "sale", "surplus", and "overstock". The internet is such a cesspool of junk sites and misleading catch lines, that it seems impossible to find what I'm looking for. I've also looked for clearances and rebates at my local big box stores. I haven't had much success. About the only thing I've found affordable is a 4-piece set by Lifetime Carbide at HF. I'm sure I'm going to get scolded by posters for even mentioning it. Can someone please help before I pull all my hair out?!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-07, 01:18 PM
Group Moderator
Try these guys? Been doing business with them for several years:

http://pricecutter.com/category.asp?...cd2=1190751493