Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Looking For Specific Trim Profile

MN

10-07-07, 03:10 PM   #1  
Looking For Specific Trim Profile

I've been helping the in-laws with their kitchen/bath addition for about a year now, doing a little bit of everything from electric and plumbing to drywall taping and painting. Everything has been going quite well until it was time to start trimming the windows and doors. The house is about 100 years old, and they want to match the trim in the rest of the house. Most of the trim is simple flat stock with a standard base cap, however the top casing for the door is unique. It's a three piece moulding that looks like this:

The flat stock and pencil moulding are easy enough to find, unfortunately, none of the big boxes and none of the local lumberyards carry the top piece. I've been searching online for a few days now, but can't find a profile that matches it exactly. The closest I found is a crown that has the same ogee top, but instead of the notch and the cove on the bottom, it has a small bead and then another ogee. Here's a more detailed drawing with dimensions:
Do any of you recognize this profile, and know where I might find some? I'm looking for oak trim if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Sponsored Links

OH

10-07-07, 05:29 PM   #2  
You will likely not be able to locate that particular profile. If you take a piece to a custom wood mill, they should be able to replicate the profile.

10-08-07, 12:23 AM   #3  
Windsor One makes a very similar piece in paint grade. Mc Coy Millwork and White Brothers Millwork, both have sites, may have something for you in hardwood. The only other thing I can think of would be your local architectural salvage yards.

Good Luck

Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

GA

10-09-07, 05:35 AM   #4  
White Brothers has one, 1100s, that looks similar.

Search this Thread