Wood tile swollen

Old 06-04-08, 04:07 PM
O
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Wood tile swollen

I am housesitting for a couple who's wood tile floor has swollen up where they have been watering a plant. The owner asked if I knew anything to do in making the swell go down. All I could think of was placing weights ontop of the swell, but brute force is rarely a good thing. It seems like that night do a little good, but if the tiles broke, it would be worse than it is now. Is there anything to do besides replacing the now swollen tiles? (The tiles are maybe 6inches square, with no noticable filling between each tile, and each tile seems covered by varnish, but not the whole floor.)

Thank you for any help.
Adam

Old 06-05-08, 03:30 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Welcome to the forums!! If you only recently removed the plant from the area, it is likely the wood may give up its moisture and return to the original plane. A little vertical weight wouldn't hurt. You say "tile", but is it really parquet flooring with strips in a 6" square at different angles? As they say, a picture.....would it be possible for you to post a couple of pictures on a site such as photobucket.com and either give us the urls, or post the HTML code to a reply post? That way we could see what you see.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: