trim

Old 06-23-08, 06:20 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
trim

I have painted my bedroom a peanut butter color and I have white trim at ceieling and baseboard the problem is it's in atrailer and the walls corners don't completely come together I thought about taping and plastering but with a trailer when it settles it could crack so I have decided to use trim. now the question will it be better to paint the trim the same as the walls or white like the top and bottom. I have had several opions on it but I am of the opinion that it would make the room look choppy any ideas welcome

Old 06-23-08, 06:31 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
You are probably too young to remember when peanutbutter and marshmallow cream sandwiches were the rage. Peanutbutter wall paint and crispy white trim sounds delicious. I hope you are working some chocolate into the color scheme so the we can have a S'more. Yum!

Wherever you have gaps, simply fill with paintable silicone caulk. Make sure it is paintable. If not, paint will not stick. Paintable silicone caulk is a god send and can hide lots of sins when it comes to gaps and cracks.

"Now the question will it be better to paint the trim the same as the walls or white like the top and bottom." The rule of thumb is to treat all interior trim and doors the same. You can have different color walls in different rooms, but the unifier is the trim and doors. If these remain a constant, then there is greater continuity and flow throughout the home.

Now, if you have used inside corner molding to hide cracks where walls meet, then by all means paint them the same color as the walls. You do not want to call attention to moldings that are hiding sins. A rule of thumb in decorating when wanting to hide something or at least make the dominance of some undesirable color or defect is to not call attention to it by using a different color.

Old 06-23-08, 07:15 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
The type of cualking you want to use is a siliconized acrylic latex

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: